Lead: Claus Svendsen (Centre for Ecology and Hydrology) / Deputy: Egon Willihagen (Maastricht University)
Participating Partners: UoB, EdC, NTUA, UCD, LEITAT, BfR, BNN, PLUS, NovaMechanics, Biomax, UM, Duke University
Work Package 2 (WP2) will undertake a series of activities designed to ensure the deepest integration and involvement of all stakeholders in nanosafety knowledge development and utilisation, and embedding their knowledge, expertise and interests into the starting community activities. Key to this will be provision of a visible presence for the NanoCommons community, utilising the platforms of the EU Nanosafety Conference and Nano-exploitation days, as well as engagement with the community in terms of assessing the latest developments to be incorporated into the NanoCommons platform.
Thus, the objectives of WP2 are to:
- organise, in conjunction with the EU NanoSafety Cluster projects, the annual EU Nanosafety Conference and the Nano-exploitation days annually focussing on a different application / regulatory area of NMs, e.g. industrial, food, cosmetics, drugs/pharma and medical devices;
- undertake an ongoing needs assessment across the different stakeholder groups to ensure that the NanoCommons networking and Transnational Access activities meet these needs in a systematic manner;
- facilitate rolling calls for new tools (from EU/national projects) to be integrated with the NanoCommons Knowledge base, which can subsequently be offered via TA with appropriate community training;
- facilitate stakeholder feedback sessions to refine the usability and uptake of the nanoinformatics tools developed, targeting software engineers, administrative personnel, researchers/students and end-users in order to raise awareness within the largest pool of potential User communities;
- support the NanoCommons twitter and social media presence allowing real-time engagement with the community in key areas of activity relevant to NanoCommons.